Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And she's off

Today Kori has left to the MTC to train for three months then off to New York to bring the gospel to the people there! I am so excited, nervous, and proud of her and for her.  I am going to miss her like crazy.  Me and Kori have always been really close since we were just little.  I think we were really supposed to be twins but we ended up two years apart instead.  Not a day goes by where I didn't either see or talk to Kori at least on the phone.  I'm really going to have a hard time with her being gone!! All I can say is that I am grateful to have Angel to help keep me occupied and to get me through this.  Our family is so proud of her and all of her accomplishments and choices she has made in her life.  She is truly a beautiful person inside and out.  We all know that she will do amazing things in the mission field, and will have the ability and opportunity to change people's lives forever whether they choose to accept the gospel of not!


Her farewell was on Sunday and it was beautiful!  She had so many friends and family there to support her and see her off.  We both did good at not crying all day until it was time for me and Angel to leave to catch our flight home!  I lost it.  Lets just say it was an emotional ride to the airport and has been an emotional week.



Before Christmas we had the opportunity to take Kori to NYC with us to show her around a little bit and give her a little taste of what New York is like.  It was awesome.  It was a very long day because we did everything.  We went to most all of the major sites and did a lot of walking.  It was such a neat experience being able to show her these things and spend time with her before her mission.

 Going to the Statue of Liberty

 Central Park
      Rockefeller center
Manhattan Temple


When Kori first put in her papers she was hoping to go somewhere back East on her mission.  I was praying for her to stay West coast area, and if she were to go East coast I really didn't want her to go the NYC.  I love New York but I would never live there too busy and a little scary.  But low and behold New York was where she was called!  I was excited about the spanish speaking but wasn't excited about the New York.  But the more and more I thought about it I knew it was the right place for her.  For some reason it just suits her so perfectly.  She is going to fit in so well and she'll be a natural missionary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment