Monday, January 3, 2011

2010

I can't believe its over already!! 2010 will be the year I will always remember.  It was the year that I fell in love and married the man of my dreams and we couldn't be happier together.  I was never the type of girl who wanted to get married, I was always afraid to commit to anyone, until Angel came along.  Don't get me wrong I still had my share of commitment issues with him too, but he always stuck around and there was just something about him that after about 9 months of dating I finally admitted that I was in love.



                                               On our trip to cali with my marine bio class.
                                                                       Superbowl
                                                 Easter one year from when we first met.


It wasn't long after we fell for each other that we were talking marriage.  I was very excited and nervous all at the same time.  All the talk about planning the wedding and starting a family made me just light up!  In July Angel proposed to me in Central Park in New York City!  When I got home from work on Friday he told me to pack a bag we were going somewhere for the weekend.  I didn't think much of it because he works for Skywest and we love to travel places as often as we can.  The thought of him proposing crossed my mind but he had me under the impression that he didn't have the ring yet.  So we got to New York early Sat morning and went and had breakfast, went and got a caricature it times square (doesn't look a thing like us), and then walked down to Central Park.  We had one of the bicycle guys give us a tour and we stopped to go down and check out the big fountain.  I was busy looking at a turtle in the water and turned around to tell Angel to look and he then walked toward me and got on his knee and asked me to marry him!  I immediately lit up and said yes.





Let the planning begin!  We originally wanted to get married in November so we didn't interfere with my brother and dad's "hunting season".  But me and my mom decided to hire a wedding planner so it would be less stress on all of us during the school year.  Best decision ever.  She convinced us to get married in October because it was the best month as far as weather goes for an outside wedding.  The wedding was a breeze. I feel like I didn't do a single thing.  My planner Debbie Peyser presented me with choices and I picked form those, done.  I would say the only stressful thing was the announcements, because I made them myself and I kept making small changes so they would be perfect.  We had Gideon Photography do our pictures and I am so happy we decided on him.  They turned out beautiful!  Our Wedding was everything I dreamed of.  Everything came together perfect which was good because it had rained earlier in the day.  I keep asking Angel if we can do it again and he just laughs at me.  It was hands down the BEST day of my LIFE!





We left for our honeymoon a week later to Antigua! It was amazing.  We stayed at the Sandals there which is an all inclusive resort.  It was such a breath of fresh air not having to worry about money at all! Everything thing was included, food, drinks, activities, ahh it was bliss!  We spent a lot of time eating and laying by the pool.  We met several couples and had an awesome time with them.  We are for sure planning another trip to a different Sandals location.  We are aiming for our anniversary! 





Before we knew it we were celebrating our first holidays married! It worked out really nicely because my family came to St. George so we were able to spend time with both families.  We are so lucky to have the families we do.  They are so amazing to us! We were very spoiled and had an amazing time!



For New Years we decided to have a party with our close friends.  It turned out to be a lot of fun and we had way to much food left over.  Next time we'll know better.  We are way excited about 2011 and can't wait to see what this year has in store for us.  We have some big things planned hopefully everything will pan out how we want it to!



No comments:

Post a Comment