Monday, March 14, 2011

Goodbye for Now!

So today me and Angel broke the rules! We flew up to SLC to see Kori off at the airport (and it was worth it).  They recently asked families not to see their children off at the airport, but I brought the idea up to Kori and she was all for it so I didn't hesitate.  Her flight was at 8:30 this morning so we met her at the airport at 6:30.  It was crazy, when we pulled up with my friend Mark there were two charter buses full of missionaries! It was crazy.  I just stood in between the two of them until I saw her.  As soon as I saw her we both starting running for each other and then hugged for about 3 minutes! You would think we had went through some kind of trauma and one of us was on our death bed, but no it had just been two months of not seeing or hearing each other.  We have done really well writing, I dear elder her everyday and she writes emails when she gets the chance and several letters 80% of which bring me to tears.  It was an amazing feeling to just be able to see her again one last time before she leaves and be able to see how happy she looks.  I know she is doing the right thing and she is going where she is needed.  It doesn't stop me form being selfish and wishing she would just come home though.  I even asked her if she wanted to just fly back with us.  She told me that she met an Elder from the Dominican and he was serving in St. George and she asked him to trade haha! If only! I was able to meet her Elders that she has grown to be very close with and it made me feel a lot better knowing that they are all in the same mission together... I know they will take care of her!  While we were there she was able to call my dad, mom, brother, and sister to say goodbye and had some good conversations! I felt like there was so much i wanted to tell her and ask her but once I was with her I couldn't think of anything and I just enjoyed the few hours we had before she took off.  I cannot wait to hear about her first experiences in the mission field.  She will do great things!


We have roughly 16 more months until she comes home.. I am told it will fly by and it has yet to happen! This past two months feels like it has been 2 years and 2 weeks all at the same time.  I still haven't gotten used to her being gone.  I still go to call her on my way home from work at night, or to go and do something small with me, then I remember "oh she's not here"..... I feel real dumb after then get a little sad about it.  The hardest is when I really need someone to talk to about things that I know inly she would understand... I have had a few breakdowns and it makes it worse not having her to cry to.... My poor husband has to listen to my sob stories and try to pretend to understand what it feels like (because there are just some things women/sisters are more in tune with than men).  He is an amazing man and has helped me so much through all of this I am so grateful to have him with me now and forever.  I need to just remember that Kori isn't gone forever and it will go by faster than I think.  I will keep everyone updated on her progress and stories from the mission! She is an excellent pen pal and would love to hear form everyone email or mail! Her info in on her facebook or just get ahold of me and I will gladly get it to you! Thanks for all of the Love and Support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment